Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Introduction

Hello Interweb!


I am the Chungerpung. Since this is what I am and not who I am however, you can call me Mike.

I created this blog many moons ago with no idea how (or if) I was going to use it until today.

I began radiation therapy this morning to treat a brain tumor, and have decided to use this space to document my experience and to have something to do on days that I am too tired to get out of bed. That said, I have no intention of restricting posts to the subject of my treatment.

The tumor for which I am being treated was actually removed in January of 2009. Over the past 8 months, however, my little friend has been growing back and radiation looks to be the best way to stop it.

Please check out my brother's blog for details of how the tumor was found, how it was removed, what type it is, etc.  (He did such a good job that it seems pointless to re-type everything.)


http://www.richardanderson.net/TechSavvy/Blog/Entries/2008/12/23_It_Can_Happen_To_You!.html
(Click on "NEXT" to follow the story through Feb 8, 2009.)


So, that's that and off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment