Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 2

Noticeable Side-Effects: Fatigue (not quite exhaustion)
Meals: 2 packets of "Instant Breakfast" - Mac & Cheese and Salad - Butakakuni, Salad, and Brown Rice
Snacks: Bag of Peach Gummi Rings
Weight: 105.7 kg
WOW! That's + 4.3 kg in one day! I'm sure about 4.2 of it is Butakakuni...  I love that stuff; and my wife is the best cook ever!

Reflection on Today:

Today's treatment was shorter than yesterday's, but it was extremely draining. I was told that feelings of exhaustion and nausea don't usually start until the second week, but I was feeling spent when I got home today. No nausea, and not bed-ridden, but dead tired.

Based on how I felt yesterday afternoon, I had planned to wash my car today (some final clean-up as I'm selling the car). When I got home, I was thinking about putting it off until tomorrow, when I suddenly remembered why people have children!

My boys are 9 and 6, and they already know how to do just about anything I may ask at any given time. (That's why they do not, and never will, get allowance: If they need money, they already know exactly how to earn it!) This time, the only bribery required was a trip to the park after they finished.


Here's my oldest working on the paint...


on the way to the park after a job well done...


Not too shabby, boys!!! Thanks for giving your old man a break!




 My next post will be pictures and details of the car both inside and out, so check back to see how well my helpers did!


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for having the ethic of no allowance. My guess is the kids will do just about anything for you, knowing you're going thru some stuff. You're a great dad and they know it. Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bus looks great, by the way. And, of course, the kids are perfect in every way. Miss them and love them.

    ReplyDelete